Headlight Restoration in Somerset from Shine My Ride
Are your headlights not looking their best? Cloudy headlights can severely affect the safety of driving at night, as the safe amount of light can't get onto the road ahead.
The pictures above are from a Mk1 Ford Focus. A pair of new headlights for this model costs over £150, without any fitting costs. We were able to restore clarity to the plastic lenses of the vehicle, at a massive saving compared to replacing the headlights
The process is normally as follows:
- The surrounding paintwork is masked up to prevent any damage from the next stage
- The headlights are wet-sanded to remove the oxidised layer. This is normally done in stages with various grades sanding paper/discs.
- The headlights are then given a two-stage machine polish to bring the plastic surface back to clear again.
- The headlights are then wiped down to remove any polishing oils left.
- Two coats of ceramic sealant are applied to protect the newly restored surface.
It's important to note that the headlight restoration can only restore the exterior of the headlight. If the cloudiness is inside the headlight, then restoration cannot solve that problem